There are many ways to find a new job but using a recruiter could be one of the best that is being overlooked. Here are five reasons why:
1. Access to a hidden job market. Recruiters have access to people and positions that you otherwise would be unaware. There are many positions that are kept secret and only filled through the use of a recruiter.
2. More connections. Similar to first point but more widespread, recruiters have contacts at all levels of industry and can get your CV to people in positions you might not otherwise be able to access.
3. Industry expertise. Recruiters are paid to know the industry inside and out, and they can help you to hone your CV and gain your true worth in your new position. They will know if you are being underpaid and answer a number of questions you might have.
4. Same goals. The goal for the recruiter is the same as for you, to get you a new job. To do this they will only ever work in your best interests.
5. Reliable. You hire a recruiter, they get you a job, and a few years down the line, you think you might want a change again. Having already built a relationship with a recruiter, it will be there ready and waiting for you to utilise once again meaning that the process of changing jobs or careers can be sped up significantly.